CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Wrapping up the Semester

... A little holiday pun to start out the post! Or maybe wrapping gifts is stuck in my brain because yesterday I wrapped a dozen or so gifts. We are going in to our last week before Winter Break, and it is definitely the busiest time of year for me. I am trying to plan fun holiday activities, an ornament craft, Random Acts of Kindness Week, finishing the canned food drive, Christmas gifts, all while giving our last assessments of the semester and getting report cards done. Phhhewww that makes me tired just thinking about it. I hope the kids enjoy every bit of it, and we have a great week together before break! Here are a few things that have been going on in class since I last checked in. We have 3 boys reporting today- Enjoy!

Author's Purpose by Addison
In class we made a project to learn about Author's Purpose. There are three things to learn, Persuade, Inform, and Entertain. Or P.I.E. Anyway, Persuade is to make you do or be something. Inform is to teach you something. Entertain is to make you laugh. Step 1- take green construction paper. Step 2- get booklets (I used Scholastic Reading Club magazines) Step 3- Fold three sections. Step 4- label Persuade, Inform, Entertain. Step 5- Cut and paste and that's how to make a P.I.E. chart.



Music Class by Colton
My blog is about music. I don't know about others, but I love music. So far we are learning Chinese stuff. We use instruments like maracas and drums and more. Mrs. Stoff said we are going to learn different ways how to sing. Mrs. Stoff is teaching us all the steps of singing. At the start of music we answer the questions on the board. We walk inside and Mrs. Stoff usually turns on a video. The video we watch we learn about.


Making Connections by Brady
We are learning about making connections. We have already done Text-to-Self. We are on Text-to-Text. We are going to be learning about Text-to-World. (Great use of past, present, and future verbs, Brady!) And that one is the hardest to do. We have been learning about making connections for about two days. My favorite is Text-to-Self. We have secret codes like TTS, T-S. We have a chart. It has Text-to Self, Text-to-Text, and Text-to-World.


No comments:

Post a Comment