CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Steal from Scholastic!

I don’t know about you, but whenever I see a Scholastic box show up with my name on it I feel like a little girl at Christmas. Something about brand new, shiny books that don’t have any fingerprints on them (yet!) Since I am moving from first to third grade this year, I thought I better invest in more chapter books for my classroom library. I love using books that the kids are into (Magic Tree House, Junie B., Horrible Harry…) when I teach guided reading. So usually when there is a good deal at Scholastic, I buy 6 of the same book and do “Book Clubs”. We have book talks, complete graphic organizers, lots of questioning and comprehension strategies, and usually finish with a project like designing a new cover for the book or something fun. The kids think they are pretty cool being in a “club” and they stay motivated because they enjoy the books. I have been using Scholastic Book Clubs for 3 years now, and I have never really redeemed many of my points. I have had about 3200 points. I decided to use up all the points and see what that would get me. Maybe that will help balance the cash flow I am spending on all my other classroom projects this summer…

photo

I did spend $10 to get free shipping. Otherwise I was going to spend $3.75 for nothing! I also got 2 professional books for Clint, and an interactive Spelling CD. Here is what 3200 points + $10 can get you:

photo2

I am super excited about the entire collection of A-Z Mysteries! Some of the others include: Rainbow Magic complete set, Fudge-a-Mania pack, 3 “Book Club” sets, and 15 single books that were good deals. 70 total items!  I think it was a perfect time to redeem those points! Anyone else use Book Clubs or redeemed your points for something awesome? I love getting great stuff for FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment